With temperatures hovering around 100 degrees, we need all the cool water activities we can get! Here are 5 simple ideas for water balloon fun:
1) The water balloon version of 'Hot Potato' is a great twist on the original. Get the kids to sit in a circle and start passing around a water balloon. Start playing some music and then, at random intervals, turn off the music. Whoever is left holding the water balloon or whoever pops it is the one out. The last child left in the game is the winner.
2) Keep the music rolling and you can also play a fun game of Musical Water Balloons. Just like musical chairs, you will need 1 less water balloon each round (for instance, 5 players = 4 water balloons). Gently lay the balloons on the grass. Start playing some music and then have the kids walk in a circluar motion. At random intervals, turn off the music. When the music stops, the kids need to find a ballon and sit on it. Whoever is left without a water balloon to sit on is out. The last child left in the game is the winner.
3) Nothing is better on a hot summer day than Water Balloon Dodge Ball. Last week, my boys decided that I was the going to play this game with them, even if I was fully dressed. There are too many serious moments in life, so letting your kids hit you with water balloons can be really fun.
If you have a group of older kids, you can really get an organized game of dodge ball going. First, make sure you have a lot of water balloons and a bunch of kids. Separate the kids into teams and then, let the kids go at it! If you get hit by an opposing team member, you're out.
4) Even my 3 year old wants to help fill up the water balloons. So, this game idea is simple. Just let the kids try to fill up the water balloons with the hose. Whoever can make the biggest balloon without it popping is the winner!
5) Last but not least... the good old fashioned Water Balloon Toss. Everyone line up and stand across from your partner. Everyone takes turns tossing the balloon to their partner. The last team to pop their balloon wins!
Like this, but still looking for more?
Click here for 10 MORE >>>
What are your favorite ways to keep cool this summer?