I am SURE my husband has Man flu. It’s not the first time he’s had it, so I already know the symptoms. Just in case you’re not familiar with Man flu, Wikipedia defines it as "the idea that when many men have a cold, they exaggerate and claim they have the flu — the implication being that women do not do so.”
Here are 5 common symptoms of Man Flu:
1) He’s traded in his favorite beer for a warm mug of herbal tea.
2) He’s usually watching the Speed Channel or ESPN, yet he’s been laying on the couch watching Lifetime or Nickelodeon when neither you or the kids are in the room.
3) He’s Googling his symptoms - and the more he reads, the worse his symptoms get.
4) He’s chosen to stay home with you and the kids instead of going to work. It’s true. An article by the Daily Mail , “Why man flu isn't his fault (it's because he's so macho),” says men take more time off work for colds and flu than women.
5) His appetite has diminished. Even the mention of the word “bacon” doesn’t make him hungry.
Still not buying this theory about Man flu? The Daily Mail article points to Cambridge University research which shows that modern man's ancestors had a predilection to risky behavior which makes the male system more vulnerable to becoming ill. Now, I may be wrong, but I would have to guess that this research was conducted by a bunch of men.