If you've been wondering how to spend less time on Facebook, I have 5 ideas to help. These are simple ideas that you can incorporate right now to stop wasting time on your never-ending news feed and focus on what really matters.
So, let's get straight to it!
Here are 5 tips for spending less time on Facebook.
1) Create a Private Group of your Closest Friends and/or Family Members. Having a private group gives you a space to share special photos or updates with your closest friends and family members without getting distracted by your news feed.
2) Hide the Facebook Shortcut on your Phone. This is so easy and probably the most effective way to spend less time on Facebook. For many people, checking their Facebook news feed has become habit. Look at your phone, check your facebook, right? But, if you don't see the icon there, it's so much easier to stay off it. Trust me. If you manage a blog or business Facebook Page, you can still keep that shortcut on your home-screen, but get rid of the regular Facebook shortcut!
3) Use the Facebook's Free Texting Service to Keep in Touch With Friends. I started using the Facebook Instant Messager App to chat with my mom and sisters, and I love it. This is a separate app on my phone which helps keep me connected without the need for my news feed.
4) Turn Off Unneccessary Notifications. Sure, I want to know if someone sent me a direct message, but do I really need to know if 10 friends wished another friend a Happy Birthday? Nope.
5) Use Facebook Interest Lists to Maximize Your Time on Facebook. Facebook describes interest lists as a "way to organize the content you're interested in on Facebook. You can create your own interest lists based on the things you care about." Choose your best friends and favorite pages and put them into one list. It's a quick way to check the best part of your news feed without having to scroll through updates from all of your Facebook friends.
These simple tips are so straightforward and they can make such a big difference in the amount of time you spend on Facebook.
Try them out and let me know if they helped you. Or, if you have another tip, leave a comment below!