When the holidays come around, I always like to have some basic ingredients in the kitchen. That way, if I need to whip up a quick dessert for company, I'm ready. Oreo Cookie Balls are PERFECT for those days when you want to make a homemade dessert, but you don't feel like battling the crowds at the supermarket. The best part is, everyone I know LOVES these little dessert delights!
The original Oreo Cookie ball recipe is fantastic, but, for this post, I decided to make Oreo Cookie Balls with a berry twist. My son is a huge fan of the Berry Burst Ice Cream Oreos. By using this variety of Oreos and adding a little Raspberry Extract to the recipe, I made Raspberry Oreo Cookie Balls, and they were phenomenal!
How do you make Raspberry OREO Cookie Balls?
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 Berry Burst Ice Cream OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 1 tsp of Raspberry Extract
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- Make it!
Directions to Make Oreo Cookie Balls:
- First, take your OREO Cookies and chop them in a food processor until they are very finely crushed.
- Then, MIX the cream cheese, raspberry extract and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls.
- Freeze 10 min.
- Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
- Share and enjoy!
Cookie balls are easy to make and a great way to spread a bit of festive cheer to friends and family!
My family were all impressed with this easy dessert. They loved the hard shell of chocolate on the outside, and the rich raspberry OREO center. Next time you're at the store, don't forget to grab these ingredients to keep on hand for a holiday dessert emergency!
What's your favorite way to eat OREO cookies?