Will you be making a snowman this Winter break? It seems like a lot of us will be shoveling snow, making snow angels and building our own version of frosty. If you're wondering how your going to keep the kids busy with activities, here are a few ideas:
- Have a indoor picnic or tea party. Or, set up a toppings bar for hot chocolate and let your kids create their own hot chocolate creations with marshmallows, whipped cream, caramel, sprinkles and mini chocolate chips.
- Make sock puppets with some of your mismatched socks and things you have around the house.
- My kids think afternoon baths are so much fun. Gather up all of their race cars and have a 'car wash' in the bath tub.
- Crafts such as DIY Snowflake Window Clings or Recycling your Crayons are easy and fun. Plus, you probably already have the supplies around the house.
- Check the Best Blogs for Local Fun to see what's going on in your area. Here are some kids activities from a few of the best blogs...
California - Bay Area Kid Fun has some great suggestions for things to do during Winter break, such as the Winter Break Explorer Days at Coyote Point, Penguins and Pajamas Sleepover at California Academy of Sciences, and New Year's Eve at the Bay Area Discovery Museum.
Florida - Manasota Family Fun is featuring Corn Maze & Tours at Dakin Dairy Farm and Tampa’s Downtown On Ice. Plus, don't miss their local giveaway from "Let's Jump."
Pennsylvania - Looking for fun in Bucks or Montgomery Counties? Mamas Little Helper gives you the scoop on the Holiday Light Show at ShadyBrook Farm, Toddler Steps Play Group in Sellersville and Chick-Fil-A Kids' Night in Oxford Valley.
Texas - Check out Burb Mom for a funny story about a Dad who decided to paint a Christmas Tree on the Wall. She also has som fun things to do with the kids during Winter break like the Trains at NorthPark Center in Dallas and Holiday at the Dallas Arboretum.