I'm a mom on a mission. Like almost every Mom I know, I'm always looking for easy dinner recipes that will satisfy my entire family. My kids have their fair share of chicken nuggets and pizza, but I don't want to be restricted to traditional 'kid-friendly' foods.
I know kids can be picky. But, I'm on a mission to broaden my kids' palettesand let them experience all types of food.
This is a simple marinade that can be used to grill chicken on the BBQ, or you can also use a grill pan on your stove top. You might think that a recipe with Sherry is not kid-friendly. But, the oranges add such a nice sweet taste that your kids won't even realize there's an 'adult' ingredient in there. Not only do my husband and I love this recipe, but my kids love it too.
It is so simple. Here's how to whip up this easy marinade:
8-10 Chicken Thighs
1 Cup of Sherry - You may need to make a trip to the liquor store for this, but it's worth it
3 small oranges - It doesn't matter what variety
2 tablespoons of dried or fresh Rosemary - If you're using dried, crumble it in your hands, and if you're using fresh, make sure you chop it finely.
3 tablespoons on minced Garlic
- Get a gallon size Zip loc baggie.
- Clean your Chicken thighs and remove the skin
- Put the Chicken into the Zip Loc Bag
- Wash the Oranges, then cut them in half and squeeze the juice of all 3 Oranges into the Zip loc bag.
- Then add the Garlic, Rosemary and Sherry to the bag.
- Seal the bag tightly and smoosh everything around until the chicken is evenly covered. Marinate this in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Remove the chicken from marinade and discard any remaining marinade. Grill the chicken on a pre-heated grill until it has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F (75 degrees C), and is firm and opaque, about 12 minutes per side.
The sherry makes it fun and the oranges make it kid-friendly. Your kids can even help you put the ingredients for the marinade into the Zip Loc bag. Also, it's a pretty low calorie recipe, so it would be ideal for somebody on Weight Watchers or any other diet. If you try it, let me know what you think.