What are your favorite meals to cook? I love experimenting with new recipes, and this Ragu Hawaiian Upside Down Deep Dish Pizza Recipe is perfect for a quick, satisfying for the entire family. It was easy to prepare, tasted great and everyone loved it!
My friends at Ragú asked me to put a unique twist on a recipe from Ragu.com. There were so many amazing recipes to choose from, but I was drawn to the recipe for the Upside Down Deep Dish Pizza. When I think of pizza, "Hawaiian" is one of our family favorites. So, I decided to add diced ham and pineapple to this recipe and it was even better than I imagined it to be.
As a mom who is always trying to get my family to eat more veggies, it's great to know that each jar of Ragú Old World Style Traditional Sauce is made with 11 juicy tomatoes making it Ragú's thickest, richest sauce.
Here are the ingredients for my Hawaiian Upside Down Deep Dish Pizza
- 1 lb. very lean Ground Beef (I used the kind that was 96% fat free) You could substitute Ground Turkey too.
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 10 ounces of Pineapple Tidbits (very well drained)
- 4 ounces of cooked diced Ham
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (13.8 oz.) refrigerated pizza dough
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 375°. Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet and drain any excess fat.
- Stir in Pasta Sauce and bring to a boil; turn into 2-quart deep dish pie plate or baking dish.
- Top with pineapple tidbots and diced ham, then cheese. Place pizza dough over dish, sealing edges tightly.
- Bake 20 minutes or until crust is golden. Let stand 10 minutes.
It's that easy!
To make it even simpler, the ground beef mixture can be even be cooked ahead of time and refrigerated in the baking dish until assembly time. Just heat it in the microwave until hot before topping and baking. Perfect for those busy nights when we're coming home from a sports practice around dinner time!
If you're family likes ham and pineapple pizza, I think they'll really like this recipe. It was hot, rich and very satisfying! Plus, it was so easy to make, that it didn't leave me with a mess in the kitchen - which I love too!
Visit Facebook.com/RaguSauce for more quick, easy and delicious recipe ideas.
Check out the Ragú Better and Better Sweepstakes for a chance to win Italian themed prizes and a trip to Venice, Italy, for a family of four! www.RaguSweeps.com